So I haven't been doing this lately, but I after a few nights last week of not knowing what I was going to make for dinner, I decided the little investment up front was better than having to think about it every day. I also wanted to get all my shopping done in ONE trip to the store instead of going once for the sale stuff we needed and once for the necessities for our meals. I try to make the two line up as closely as possible, but it does not always work. Anyway, here goes:
- Monday: Pulled Pork sandwiches- I'm smoking half a pork shoulder in my crock pot. Yes, smoking in the crock pot! I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I'll keep you posted! Served with Coleslaw (using my very own WFMW tip!) and baked beans.
- Tuesday: Pasta with chicken and tomatoes... don't really have a recipe for this one, but I have left over grilled chicken breast that will be going in with pasta. I also have grape tomatoes that are BOGO at Publix this week. I'm thinking that I might do skewers with grape tomatoes and mozarella cheese with balsamic as an apatizer/ salad course, then the chicken and pasta with a white sauce? Maybe a light vinagrette sauce on the pasta?? I'll let you know when I figure this one out too!
- Wednesday: Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes (maybe, if I get my act together- otherwise boiled potatoes with butter, garlic and parsley), carrots. I usually use this recipe for my roast, minus the olive sauce. It gets a great crust on the outside of the meat and has a ton of flavor.)
- Thursday: Orange chicken (from the freezer section at Costco- my husband's request, I'm not thrilled- it tastes okay and is pretty natural as far as ingredients, but it's EXPENSIVE compared to what I usually make. I'm aiming for $5 or so dinners here...)
- Friday: I'm aiming for homemade pizza... I keep seeing blog posts about how easy and cheap it is to make homemade pizza dough- (Chief Family Officer comes to mind, but I know that there have been others) so I want to try it myself. This might be overly optimistic, but I'm going for it! We'll see how the week pans out...