Thursday, June 18, 2009

Congratulations Stephanie!


One of my favorite bloggers is Stephanie O'Dea over at A Year of Slow Cooking. She has saved my dinner many a time! She just posted the details of the book that came from the blog. It's at Amazon. Can I just tell you how incredibly cool I think that is for her???

By the way, I made 20 to 40 Clove Garlic Chicken tonight for dinner. Three cloves into peeling the garlic, I remembered that I had a jar of marinated garlic in my pantry and decided to use that instead, so I did- somewhere between 20 and 30 cloves. The chicken was a great texture- so tender that it just came right off the bone. Unfortunately, it was a bit mild in flavor, almost bland. I added salt, which helped. I am thinking that maybe the marinated garlic is more mild in flavor than the fresh cloves, so that's why it was a bit bland? I will absolutely try this again with fresh cloves!

If you are an Albertson's shopper, they have split bone in chicken breast for $0.98 per lb, making this a VERY budget friendly meal! I used between 2 and 3 lbs and it fed both my husband and I plus leftovers for one more meal.

1 comment: