Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WFMW- Instant Coffee = Instant Afternoon Pick Me Up!

When I worked outside the home, coffee was provided at work. Now that I am home, it seems silly to brew an entire pot just for me. But sometimes, in the afternoons, I just need a little something to help me through the day- I reach for instant coffee.

If I want a hot beverage, I heat 6 oz of water plus 6 oz of milk in the microwave for 2 minutes and stir in about a teaspoon or so of instant coffee crystals. Add two Splenda (on sale at Walgreens this week) and you've got it made!

If I want something cold, I heat the water, add the coffee and combine with cold milk served over ice.

Sometimes I even add a little bit of Hershey's Syrup! Not too often that you can turn your day around in three minutes or less and for WAY less that Starbucks or even that new McCafe that they're peddling. Happy Brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment