Monday, May 4, 2009

Hot CVS deals week of 5/3- 5/9

More to come on couponing, bargain shopping and getting the most out of every dollar, but for now, some CVS highlights:

I am a little burnt out on the Grocery Store Game, so my CVS deals are a little light this week. There are lots of other sites who go into detail, but I saw just a few things this week:

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Smart Start, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Special K Cereal, Nutri-Grain or Special K cereal bars.

You pay 3/$10 with Card and get $5 Extra Care Bucks (ECBs). Not a bad price at $1.67 per box, but when you combine with 3- $1 off coupons available at here and on Kelloggs' website right now, you end up with 3 boxes of cereal for $0.67 each! Not too bad!

Spend $20, get $10 ECB when you buy Coke or Mars products.

I used to be hesitant in doing these deals- $20 seems like a lot to spend on Coke, even if you get $10 back! In doing the math, though, it makes sense. I bought 5- 12 packs at $4 each and got $10 ECBs. That makes each 12 pack $2 each, or $0.17 per can, about half the price that we normally pay at Costco. And coke does not go bad, so there you go. And if there is a hurricane, coke is as good as water, right?? ;-)

Cortizone 10- Buy one Get one 50% off. I generally go for generic when it comes to stuff like this, but my husband SWEARS by this product. I brought home another brand of cortizone cream and it caused some problems, so I was thrilled to see this go on sale. There are printable coupons for Cortizone 10 available here. There are also paper coupons for Cortizone 10 available in the 5/3 Smart Source insert- $1 off any product and $1 off Cooling Relief Gel. For the tubes I bought, I paid $5.99 less $1 off coupon for the first and $2.99 less $1 off coupon for the second. Total of $6.98 for two tubes of Cortizone 10, or $3.49 each. Not bad.

*** Disclaimer: My CVS ad is frequently different from the CVS adds in other parts of the country. Check your ad online before you head to the store. Click on upper right hand corner where it says "Store Circular"

No comments:

Post a Comment