Although I didn't follow my plan last week, we didn't end up going out, ordering in or wasting anything. I have a package of mushrooms in my fridge that need a meal and will probably end up going into the trash, but not terrible. We used to be REALLY bad about going out and wasting food, so we're still a work in progress. By the way, I no longer allow many leftovers. I deliberately cook less food so that we don't have leftovers- my husband just doesn't eat them, and there's only so much that I can eat for lunch. So here's our week:
- Monday: Tortellini, Garlic Bread from the bread maker and green salad
- Tuesday: Meatloaf (with ground turkey- don't tell my husband!), mashed potatoes and cooked carrots and dinner rolls
- Wednesday: Bacon and Swiss Frittata (still trying to use those eggs!), asparagus and toast
- Thursday: Swedish meatballs, egg noodles and peas
- Friday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches from the crock pot, baked beans and corn
Hopefully this week will be better than the last! Happy Monday!