Here's my version:
- 1/2 bunch pencil asparagus, tough bottom stems removed
- generous pinch finely diced red onion
- generous pinch Parmesan cheese
- few sprinkles red-wine vinegar
- drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh ground sea salt salt
Cut the asparagus, including the tips into very thin slices, crosswise and place in a medium bowl. Add the red onion and Parmesan and toss to combine. Dress with the vinegar, olive oil and salt and toss again. This salad should be fairly heavily dressed. The vinegar will sort of "cook" or tenderize the asparagus.
The recipe recommends letting this sit for a bit to let the flavors marry. I didn't do this tonight, but I have left overs in the fridge, so I am thinking that this might even taste better tomorrow. I didn't measure- she makes it look so easy on TV to just throw in a bit of this and a bit of that. I think that I'll pay more attention to proportions next time- I don't think that my salad had enough dressing, even through it was very good!